Wednesday, September 7, 2016

TGIF!

TGIF!!!   Yupp, I said it on Wednesday....

Thank God I'm Forgiven.

And, nope, I didn't necessarily do anything "wrong" but I'm intentionally being grateful for
God's forgiveness.  I absolutely KNOW that I am incapable of deserving Heaven.  When I sit still and think about it, I canNOT understand why God would love me at all.  "The heart is deceitful and desperately wicked..."   Even when I determine to be on my best behavior, I somehow manage to end up right back in the same spot I was in before.  It's like a habit, but much worse.  It's my old nature.

But do not despair, my friends!  I John 1:9 says "IF we confess our sins, HE is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  If.  The choice is mine.  I can stay in my sin or I can choose to humble myself and choose another way.

Confess -- A friend who has worked with children for many years describes "confess" as "tell on yourself to God."  God already knows what I have said, thought or done.  He even knows the difference between just thoughts and actual intentions.  I just need to stop excusing my actions away and own up to what I know in my heart.

Faithful -- He will always come through and do what He has promised.  He will do it every time.  He will never let me down.  He will never forget.  He will never ignore.  He will never become frustrated and say "Enough."  He is faithful.

Just -- He cannot do anything else.  God is holy.  Holy is "set apart."  He is certainly set far apart from me in any category of comparison.  He must do what is right.  He must keep his promises.  He cannot do any less.  Justice is served when the law is completely upheld.

You see, I just naturally say, think and do things that fall far short of God's holiness.  But He loves me and sent His one and only true Son to pay the price of death and to be a complete substitute for me.  That was not justice.  He took what I deserved.  But then He promised to always....always....ALWAYS receive me as His adopted child and love me as He loves Jesus.  Jesus already paid for everything I ever will do that is a disappointment to God.  And God will not, and cannot, reject me.  To reject me after I have accepted the salvation He provided through Jesus' life, death and resurrection is for Him to say that the sacrifice didn't really matter.

I am so grateful for God's salvation.  I am so grateful that Jesus Christ GAVE His life to save mine.  I really do try my best to live every day in a way that will show Him I fully appreciate the significance of the gift of salvation.  Every single day I

Thank God I'm Forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment