Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Fill my cup, Lord

Remember the song "Fill my cup,  Lord / I lift it up,  Lord"?  As a coffee lover, I often fill 'er up!  I shuffle from bed right on down to the coffee pot. I don't even have to be very much awake to hit the start button, or to pour the first few cups.  It doesn't take much brain power but I sure need it. And then I feel the wakefulness spreading so the next few cups are just for enjoyment.

It's the same with my heart.  I can get through a day without reading my Bible, buthe it is not recommended.  I've made it easier on myself by installing an app on my phone that reads the Bible to me.  Oh,  I wait until I'm awake, though!  As I get behind the wheel to drive to work,  I switch on the app and listen to God's Word read aloud.  I feel the life coming into my heart!  I also say a prayer and can give my day to God asking Him to use me.

My days go much more smoothly when I ask God to fill my cup and to fill my day.  How about you?  Do you make time for your coffee but neglect the Word?  I'd like to somewhat rewrite a quote I recently saw . . .

"All I need today is a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus!"  Please, Lord, fill my heart with YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment